Monday 11 November 2013

A gallon of Broadside!

Admiring a gallon of broadside, heaven!



















We have been on our hols again to Southwold and it was woof-tastic!  I had no idea where we were going, but I knew something was up as lots of things were being packed in bags while I was trying to have my morning snooze. 

After a few hours in the car we arrived at the beach and I was soooooo excited.  I knew we must be staying as the car was fit to bursting so I was a very happy doodle. 

Lovely, lovely Southwold



















We went to check out our home for the week, a lovely cottage near the golf course.  There was even room to fit in my bed between the living room and the kitchen.  We then went for a wander down the high street and L popped into a shop called the Black Olive delicatessen which almost made me drool as it smelt so good. We then headed back to the cottage for lunch (I got a little bit).

Anyway the whole week was brilliant from start to finish.  I made sure I got L & C up really early every morning for a run on the golf course....I set my secret watch for 5.20am every day!  They had a torch so were fine and even did a bit of star gazing.  Then it was breakfast and back to bed for a bit. 

The beach was paw-tastic and we were on it every day, as well as a visit to Aldeburgh where I got very spooked by a gurgling sea monster (which turned out to be a water pipe, but you can't be too careful). 

This sand gets everywhere!

Now you see me...

Now you don't

Paddle-tastic

Puddle-tastic




























































An amble at Aldeburgh

















































I was even allowed in the pub a couple of times in the afternoon (between their food serving times of course).  I think I could easily become a pub dog, but not sure L & C agree.


L & C went on some adventures too and climbed to the top of the lighthouse (113 steps).  They told me lots of interesting facts, one being that the light can be seen from 26 nautical miles away.  

The lighthouse from the warmth of the Sole Bay Inn


















113 steps!

View from the top



































They also did the Adnams distillery tour and found out how vodka, gin and whiskey is made.  Plus there were the obligatory tastings afterwards.  

It was a truely lip-smacking holiday and I can't wait to go again.

Left lick

Right lick

No comments:

Post a Comment