Monday 27 October 2014

A cake gift from the gods!

We have been on our holidays again to the lovely Southwold in Suffolk.  I can't express how brilliant it is with lovely beaches, great walks, fantastic pubs and a cosy cottage.

Sunday was particularly magic when a pain au chocolat was given to me.....ok, I tell a small white lie....I did steal it from a couple sat on the beach, but I could just tell they would find it funny, which they did!
After much apologising and offering of money by L & C we continued along the beach and there, as if it had fell down from heaven, was a five pack of custard doughnuts!  Admittedly they were very close to a man and his two sons, but surely they were up for grabs - which is exactly what I did.  C gave chase and got the bag off me before I even had the chance to try one, darn it!  The man wasn't quite so happy as the previous couple, but his two sons were doubled over laughing so that's ok then.

Here are some photos of our hols:

Sunshine and cakes!

One of my favourite places

Hours of fun

'Throw the ball now!'

Keep on swimming...

Surfer doodle riding those waves

Result of a good time

There were lots of pub visits, bored now...

Check out this beach!

Red sky at night...

No comments:

Post a Comment