Tuesday 18 September 2012

New Forest holiday snaps



We have just been on a woof-tastic holiday in the New Forest. We stayed in a thing called a 'caravan'. It was brilliant because I could stand on the sofa, put my front feet on the bay windowsill and stick my head right out the window and check out what was occuring.

Literally just around the corner from the 'caravan' was access to a forest which was brilliant. I made sure I got L & C up early every day so we could go there.

The first night in the 'caravan' was interesting. It started to rain and it sounded really loud on the roof and then every so often there was a banging noise. I was going to bark to get L & C's attention just in case they hadn't heard it, but I overheard them say it was acorns falling off the tree above. I'm not sure about this 'caravan'.....

I did make one successful escape attempt from the 'caravan' on the last day. I was lying around looking sleepy which lulled L & C into a false sense of security that they could leave the 'caravan' door open while they packed the car. WRONG! I made a run for it and got a few rows away before L corned me on a veranda, boo!

Here are sone photos of my adventures:

Guarding the 'caravan'


The forest


Lulworth Cove, swimming time!

I love doing the 'pebble shuffle'


Lunch at a pub in Lulworth Cove (everytime I barked I was fed another piece of bread roll, brilliant!)

The view at Durdle Door (dunno where the flip flop came from?!)

"Throw it again!" ball chasing at Durlston Castle



The gorgeous Hengistbury Head

"Am I sandy enough yet?"


"I'm having a brilliant time!"

A windy visit to Bournemouth (in front of the huge Pimms deckchair. I wasn't allowed any nearer)

Admiring Ben Ainslie's 'unofficial' gold post box in Lymington high street

Another pub, Lymington this time (yawn). They had a seperate vegetarian menu (a rare sight according to L)

Walk overlooking Hurst Castle


Posing at Keyhaven (near Milford-on-sea). Just after this I tried to have a nibble on some fish tied to a boat, but C stopped me just in time (I like to keep them on their toes)


The collapse (no I wasn't allowed on the part of the sofa without the cover on it, whoops!)

No comments:

Post a Comment